MGB increases the Tm of a probe thanks to its minor groove binding ability.
MGB probes are more specific, more efficient and more sensitive than standard double-dye probes.
- Sensitive detection : High signal to noise ratio
- Delivered quantities : 6 - 20 - 50 nmol (Custom scale on request)
- Complete offer : More than 15 Dyes available, covering all qPCR channels
- Free Wobble bases : Available at no additional cost
MGB Probes have a fluorescent reporter dye and a quencher at their 5’ and 3’ ends, respectively.
During the amplification process, the 5’>3’ exonuclease activity of the Taq DNA polymerase cleaves the fluorophore from the probe. Since the fluorophore is no longer subjected to FRET quenching, it starts to fluoresce. This fluorescence can be measured, and the level is directly proportional to the amount of target DNA accumulating during the PCR reaction.
Eurogentec synthesizes MGB Probes for any research and IVD application.
We provide a complete offer with more than 15 dyes covering all qPCR channels
- Purification :RP-HPLC
- QC : MALDI-TOF MS + UHPLC
- Format : In solution (H2O or TE); Dried or Dried Aliquoted in 10 nmol on request
- Turnaround time : 5-7 business days
- Shipping : At room temperature