Version July 2019
1. Why is this privacy notice useful?
At Kaneka Eurogentec, we are dedicated to protect the confidentiality and privacy of the information you entrusted to us. As part of our commitment to privacy, we only use your Personal data in order to respond to your requests and to provide you with information about our products, services or employment opportunities. This privacy notice is there to ensure that i) you have control on your Personal data and ii) you can easily consult information – in an understandable and transparent way – about how we use your Personal data. You can access this privacy notice at any moment in the section ‘Privacy’ of our website at the following address: https://www.eurogentec.com/en/privacy-policy
We invite you to read it carefully and to contact us if you need more information.
2. Who are we?
We, Kaneka Eurogentec, Liège science park, rue Bois Saint-Jean, n° 5, B-4102, Seraing, Belgium, +32 4 372 74 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org, are the data controller. This means that we are responsible of your Personal data and that we decide – in the limit of the law – how to use and protect your data.
3. How do we obtain your data?
In order to provide you with the products and services that you requested we need to use certain Personal data about you. We obtain this information in different ways:
- Personal data such as your name, email address, home address, phone number, payments details, CVs, etc. are directly provided by you via our web forms, business cards or email. This information are generally collected in the context of a product you have purchased, or a request that you have submitted to us (e.g. via the customer service) or when you subscribe to our newsletter. You may contact us to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report issues regarding our products. If you communicate with or request information from us, you may provide your contact information as well as other Personal data that is relevant to your request;
- Information that we generate when you register on our website such as registration user ID and password;
- Personal data that we might receive from third parties.
4. What information do we collect?
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable, living individual. We collect the information that you provide to us such as:
- Contact information. For instance, your name, email address, mailing address, or phone number, information available on the business card you gave to us or in the signature of an email you sent to us;
- Registration information such as your username and password;
- Employment, education and other professional information that you provide to us in the context of job opportunities with us;
- Payment information (such as banking information, payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address) Content you may provide (for example, when you complete our Online Contact Form or submit other information).
5. What do we do with your personal data?
We use your data for the following activities:
- Recruitment: We use your personal data in order to make sure we hire the most passionate and talented people;
- Sales: If you choose to purchase a product or receive our services, we use the information that you provide to manage your orders. In the context of our sale activities, we offer customer care and we might ask you to provide us with your feedback by filling in satisfaction surveys to improve our products and services.
- Marketing: To keep you informed about our products, services and events we conduct marketing activities. For example, we invite you to the annual fair that we organize each year. In addition, we send out newsletters if you have asked for it.
- Accounting & administration of customers and suppliers from the start of a potential relationship, over the execution and closing of the contract with our business partner.
- Legal claims: If we have an ongoing legal claim with you, we might use your personal data in order to respond to the claim and defend ourselves during a trial.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your Personal data, we erase your Personal data as of the moment this information is no longer necessary to:
- Fulfil the purposes for which they were collected/used. For example, if you send us a resume to apply for a position at our company, we will use the information provided to match you with available opportunities; or
- Comply with legal obligations imposing specific retention requirement (e.g. for tax, audit, etc.).
7. Why is it lawful that we use your personal data?
At Kaneka Eurogentec we use your data in a lawful way, in conformity with what is requested by the existing local and European legislations. Below you will find the legal basis for each activity that we perform with your data. This is the reason why the use we make of your Personal data is lawful.
We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data in order to identify the best candidates for open positions at our company. We ask for the consent of job applicants in order to keep their CVs for longer than the recruitment process with a view to consider them for future opportunities.
- Sales activities
We use your personal data in order to perform the contract/agreement that we have with you as of the moment you sign a contract or accept our Terms & Conditions.
We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data in order to provide you with customer care/assistance whenever needed.
- Improving our services & products
Based on legitimate interest we ask you to give us feedback on our products and services by filling in satisfaction surveys. This feedback is used to improve our offerings and direct our research toward the most sensitive areas as indicated by our customers in the surveys.
- Events & Gifts
We have a legitimate interest in maintaining good relationship with our customers. This is why once a year we may invite you (if you are our customer) to an event. If you no longer wish to receive such invitation you always have the possibility to opt-out by replying directly to the invitation or by sending an email to email@example.com.
We send you information about our new services, activities and offers only if you have given your consent. We send this communications via email and post mail. Remember that at any time you can unsubscribe from this service.
- Administration & legal claims
Accounting and administration of customers and suppliers as well as the management of legal claims are conducted based on legitimate interest.
8. How do we inform you?
When we will process your Personal data, we will provide you all relevant information about how your data is going to be processed, the identity and contact details of the controller and of the Privacy Responsible, the purposes of the processing, the legal basis for the processing, the period for which the Personal data will be stored and how to exercise your rights. We will provide such information, to the extent possible, contextually to the collection of Personal data.
9. Do we share your personal data with others?
To provide services and products you requested, to communicate with you, secure your information and to follow up on your job applications, we might need to share your Personal data with third parties. Access to your Personal data is restricted to persons who really need to use such data in pursuance of their duties. We do not sell, trade, or rent Personal data to others. For recruitment, we might share data within the Kaneka Group, which includes partners, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership. At times we collaborate with recruitment agencies to fulfill this purpose. To provide you with products and services, we might share data with distributors and transporters. Similarly, to send you satisfaction surveys or email communications we might send personal data to survey and newsletter providers. Finally, where legally required to do so, we share the data with Data Protection Authorities, law enforcement and public authorities.
Please note that it is possible that vendors are located outside of the EEA. For example when you request us to deliver a product in a country outside of the EEA, your Personal data will be shared with a vendor in that country (e.g. for shipment). All time, we make sure that these third parties provide an adequate level of protection of your information.
10. How do we secure your personal data?
We have technological and operational security in place to protect your Personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. Our personnel that deal with Personal data have received proper training and have the necessary experience to ensure your data is protected all time.
11. How can you exercise your rights?
You have a set of rights you can exercise in order to keep control over your Personal data at any moment. You can exercise these rights free of charge (unless your requests is excessive or unfounded) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to execute your requests about these rights, we will need to make sure you are whom you claim to be, as such we invite you to send us a copy of your ID. Your ‘privacy’ rights are the following:
- Access: you can ask us whether we have data about you and, if this is the case, you can request access to your Personal data. In addition, we will provide you with information about the purpose of keeping your Personal data, if we share it with third parties, who they are and how long we will keep your information;
- Restriction: you can restrict the extent/duration of the activity we do with your personal data if you think that your Personal data is not accurate, the processing is unlawful or the lawful basis that we chose override your privacy rights;
- Rectification: if you believe that your Personal data is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to have it rectified or completed;
- Objection: you may object at any time to the processing of your Personal data if you believe we don’t have the right to use your data;
- Erasure: you can ask us to erase your Personal data if this data is no longer needed for the fulfilment of our purpose (e.g. deliver a product that you bought, etc.);
- Data portability: you can ask for your Personal data to be returned or transmitted to another organization;
- Right to complaint: if you believe that your privacy rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority at the below address:
The realization of this site requires the setting up of "cookies". A cookie does not allow us to identify you. On the other hand, it records information about the navigation of your computer on our site (the pages you have consulted, the date and time of the consultation, etc.) in order to better understand our visitors and their use of our website. Cookies help us to modify our site according to your needs. This type of information will not be used for unsolicited communications. Kaneka Eurogentec uses the following cookies:
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are cookies designed to facilitate the operation of our websites, make them more enjoyable for the visitor and give you a more personalized navigation experience. These include for example cookies that retain your preferences.
- Performance Cookies
This website also uses Google Analytics. We use performance cookies to collect information about the use of our website by visitors, with the aim of improving the content, better adapting them to the wishes of the visitors and increasing them friendliness. For example, there is a cookie that counts the number of unique visitors and another that analyzes which pages are the most popular.
- Third-party / Marketing cookies
The website also contains third-party content, such as social media buttons, or advertisements.
You will receive messages whenever a cookie is installed. You can also refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings and remove cookies already installed on your device at any time. Please keep in mind, that essential cookies cannot be disabled without reducing the functionality of the site. Non-essential cookies can be disabled but might lower the user experience. Please refer to the help function of your browser.