Hot Diamond Taq® polymerase is a highly thermostable enzyme produced and purified from recombinant Escherichia coli bacterium containing the Thermus aquaticus DNA Polymerase gene. The expressed enzyme catalyzes 5’-3’ synthesis of DNA with no detectable 3’-5’ proof reading exonuclease activity. This enzyme has the “extendase” activity allowing TA cloning.
Hot Diamond Taq® polymerase exhibits unique Hot Start characteristics and represents a completely new “Hot Start concept”. Hot start characteristics are not accomplished through chemically modification nor a blocking antibody but a proprietary agent prevents non-specific polymerization; thereby preventing primer-dimer formation and increasing the PCR yield of specific products. The enzyme needs very short activation time (100 % activated during the first PCR cycle) but is compatible with all existing protocols (from 20 sec. to 15 min. at 95 °C).
Hot Diamond Taq® polymerase is particularly recommended for PCR applications that require ultra low levels of bacterial & fungal DNA in Diagnostic and demanding Research fields but also for amplification of long and difficult templates.
Hot Diamond Taq® polymerase can be ordered according to your needs:
Under IVD process (please enquire):
- Shipment on dry ice
- Hard copy CoA
- Full traceability from production, storage to shipment
- Tracking number sent to the customer the day of the shipment
- Customized Fill & Finish. On request Hot Diamond Taq® can be produced with an activity from 5 to 200U/µl; a glycerol level from 1 to 50 %
Under Research process:
- Shipment at room temperature
- Full traceability from production to storage of the product